Common Hands Farm
In 2021, our full-season CSA is 19 weeks. It begins the first weekend of July and ends November 7. We are also offering a Spring CSA which will begin the week of May 15 and goes through the end of June (7 weeks).
Our CSA is known and loved for being customizable and flexible, as well as for our quality and variety of organically grown/biodynamically grown produce. The full-season CSA will include all of our crops, which members get to choose for themselves weekly, at one of several different pickup locations. Click here to see our list of crops.
The spring CSA is mostly greens, salad, microgreens, herbs, and the beginning of season crops like kohlrabi, bok choi, beets, broccolini, radishes, scallions, garlic scapes, spring onions, etc.
The weekly pickup locations for our CSA are at the farmers markets we attend, Ottos market in Germantown, and we also will continue our Curbside options on Thursdays next season.
- Philmont Coop on Fridays from 4-6
- Curbside pickup pre-order at the farm on Thursdays from 9-11
- Ottos Market in Germantown on Saturdays from 10-2 (on the sidewalk outside the store)
- Copake-Hillsdale Farmers Market on Saturdays from 9-1
- Hudson Wednesday Market in the 7th Street Park from 4-7
- Schenectady Greenmarket on Sundays from 10-2
This year, the Spring CSA is $140 (5 items weekly for 7 weeks), and the Full Season CSA has 3 size & price options. We offer a sliding scale and always accept installment payments.
SUMMER CSA PRICES (19 WEEKS):
- Small Full Season CSA – $400-$500 sliding scale- *5 items weekly*
- Medium Full Season CSA- $570- $670 sliding scale- *8 items weekly*
- Large Full Season CSA- $670-$770 sliding scale- *10 items weekly*
Why a CSA?
A CSA is the best way to support a local farm, by investing in their crops for the whole season and sharing the risks and benefits of farming. CSA sign-ups usually happen at the beginning of the season, when farmers need capital to pay for operating expenses like seeds, potting soil, new tools and equipment, and pay for labor without making many sales in their usual markets. CSA members are the backbone of our farm, and we literally could not do what we do without them. In exchange, they get the best of our diverse high quality crops to enjoy a balanced and nutritious diet, that is also tasty.
TO SIGN UP:
Please fill out the form embedded at the bottom of this page and pay via our online store. (link is below to the online store).
You can also venmo us payment @commonhandsfarm.
Please email Keri questions regarding the CSA. Commonhandsfarm@gmail.com or text/call her at 518-303-6082.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING LOCAL AGRICULTURE. We appreciate you!